Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 586 in Undergrad Purgatory

I’ve decided to keep sauntering(as you can see, Ive been reading the thesaurus) on with this blog. Not that I think people are actually reading it, more so just to continue having a one person dialogue with myself. Always healthy. (and no the least bit crazy) So I will continue to subject the internet to my every thought and whim. That’s what you get internet, you dirty, dirty whore.

Newsworthy in my life (sadfully)

I finished 3866 in the masters best ball challenge on Espn. I have now completed step one by admitting “I have a problem”. I’m to the point of my fantasy sports life, that I not only entered, but did well in the masters best ball challenge. I mean, I know probably 10 (giving myself a lotta credit here) golfers. I saw they were giving out 3k for this particular challenge and the competitor in me tore into it. I quickly silenced the part of my brain that kept repeating “no wonder youre single William” (silly sub conscious) and went to work on picking the four best golfers to further cement my status as a sports nerd. (not that there was ever doubt) I literally pick four guys that I have heard of (one being Tiger, Tiger Woods y’all) and went to work. I finished in the 96.6 percentile of this particular challenge, in contrast I finished in the 75th percentile of my graduating class in college..wonder if I can put this on my resume. {At a job interview, not to distant future} So William, it says here that you have been the sports info director at Knox for 2 years?
Me: yes ma’am, two whole years
Interviewer: blah, blah interview question blah. So I also see you finished 3866 in the masters best ball challenge.
William: yes ma’am, quite proud of that accomplishment. (not that ive ever had a female A.D interview me, but hey this is my fantasy)
Interviewer: Get out of my office
William: Did I get the job?
Interviewer: Get out
William: So no?
(If this in fact reminds you of a scene in Step Brothers…you win a big slice of “fuck you”..i gave dream sequence a try, and apparently im as bad at that as I am fantasy hockey (ba-da-bum!) And I also have the comedic abilities of a less Hispanic George Lopez.)

And after this particular dream sequence, I’m further convinced I may be interested in smh. So ladies out there in the internet world, hint hint…

Where was I? Oh yeah off on a tangent about how truly awesome I am at everything sports related. Howwww ever could I forget…In reality I just needed to tell/brag to someone..It helps with my recovery process. Now if only I could apply this vast knowledge to the real world, I could get to work on that cure for cancer (or just get to grad school)

No comments:

Post a Comment